Processing the response data
Here is an example of analysis to guide you through processing the response data.
- Identify the order by retrieving the value of the vads_order_id field if you have transmitted it in the payment form.Make sure that the order status has not already been updated.
- Retrieve the payment result transmitted in the vads_trans_status field.Its value allows you to define the order status.
Table 1. Associated field values for vads_trans_status VALUE DESCRIPTION CAPTURED
The transaction has been captured by the bank.
Transaction is declined.
See the following chapter to obtain more information on the rejected payment.
WAITING_AUTHORISATION Waiting for authorization.
Waiting for the response from the acquirer.
- Retrieve the payment reference transmitted in the vads_trans_id field.
- Retrieve the value of the vads_trans_date field to identify the payment date.
- Retrieve the used amount and currency. To do this, retrieve the values of the following fields:
Table 2. Analysis of the payment amount and currency Field name Description vads_amount Payment amount in the smallest currency unit. vads_currency Numeric code of the currency used for the payment. vads_change_rate Exchange rate used to calculate the effective payment amount (see vads_effective_amount). vads_effective_amount Payment amount in the currency used for the capture in the bank. vads_effective_currency Numeric code of the currency that will be used for the capture at the bank.
- Retrieve the used payment method by analyzing the vads_card_brand field.
- Retrieve all the order, buyer and shipping details. These details will be provided in the response only of they have been transmitted in the payment form.Their values are identical to the ones submitted in the form.
- Proceed to order update.