Viewing the progress of a PayPal payment on the payment page
The diagram below presents the exchange process from the point of view of the buyer.
- The buyer validates the shopping cart.
- The merchant website redirects the buyer to the payment gateway. The redirection is done via an HTML POST form using HTTPS. The parameters of the form are described in the chapter Generating a payment form.
- When the parameters and their signature have been verified, the payment method
selection page appears.
If the payment method has been specified in the form, the buyer moves on directly to step 7.
- The buyer selects the PayPal payment method.
- The buyer clicks Validate.The payment gateway prompts you to wait several seconds. It redirects you to the PayPal website.
- The buyer is prompted to select their payment mode.
The buyer can sign in to their PayPal account to pay or create a PayPal account to pay faster in the future.
- If the buyer has a PayPal account, they sign in using their e-mail address and password.
If the buyer does not have a PayPal account, they select their card and fill in the required details.
- The buyer verifies the information related to their payment.
- The buyer clicks Pay.
- The buyer is redirected to the payment gateway.
In case of success, a summary page is presented to the buyer with a summary of transaction details.
A link at the bottom of the page allows to return to the shop.In case the transaction fails, a message appears. The buyer is informed of the payment request rejection.
A link at the bottom of the page allows to return to the shop.