Setting up notifications about the final result of a deferred payment
This notification is required to communicate the result of a deferred payment:
- if the payment has been accepted.
- if the payment has been declined.
It allows for the merchant website to be notified of an authorization request.
Example:For a deferred payment with a capture delay of 60 days, the authorization request is not made at the moment of the payment. The merchant website will be contacted at the moment of the authorization request via the Instant Payment Notification URL on batch authorization rule.
This rule is disabled by default.
To set up this notification:
- Right-click Instant Payment Notification URL on batch authorization.
- Select Manage the rule.
- Enter the URL of your page in the fields URL to call in TEST mode and URL to call in PRODUCTION mode.
- Enter the E-mail address(es) to notify in case of failure.
- To specify several e-mail addresses, separate them with a semi-colon.
- Set up the parameters for Automatic retry in case of failure.This option allows to automatically send notifications to the merchant website in case of failure (up to 4 times).
- Save the changes.
- Enable the rule by right-clicking on Instant Payment Notification URL on batch authorization and select Enable the rule.