Creating a token in Test mode
- The shop must be associated with a distance sale agreement.
- The notification rules must be configured.
The configuration of notification rules allows to receive notifications once a token has been created (or updated). If you have several shops, only one of the shops will receive the notifications, but the created token can be used for payments made in all of the shops of the same company (legal name).
- Go to the following menu: Settings > Notification rules.
- Make sure that the "Instant Payment Notification URL on an operation coming from the Back Office rule is present and enabled.
- If the rule is not enabled, make a right-click and select Enable the rule.
- Double-click the rule and make sure that the URL in TEST mode and the URL in PRODUCTION mode are specified.
For more information on configuring notification rules, see chapter Instant Payment Notification URL on an operation coming from the Expert Back Office.
Once the configuration of the notification rule is complete, you can proceed to creating the token.
- Display the Management > TEST recurring payments menu.
The Token tab appears by default.
- Click the Create button.
- Select the Shop to notify from the list if you have several shops.
The token creation window appears.
- Enter the Buyer e-mail address.
- A token is generated by default in the Token ID field. You can click on the button Generate a new ID if you wish.You also can enter your own token. You must, however, make sure it is unique.
- Select the payment method from the list.The presented payment methods depend on the MIDs associated with your shop.
- Click on the link Test payment method, then on the desired number to automatically enter the details of the test payment method.
- If you wish, you can select the used currency when checking the payment method.
This choice is useful when you have a multi-currency agreement associated with several shops, where each shop only supports one currency.
It will always be possible to use the token for making payments in any currency supported by the agreement.
- Click NextThe buyer details entry page appears.
The Token section reminds you of the specified e-mail and the created token.
- Fill in the information about the buyer.
This details are useful for buyer identification.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Click Create to complete the process.
If all the payment method verification processes have been successfully completed, the token detail window appears.
It mentions the Token ID. It corresponds to the newly created token. It can be later used for another financial operation in your shop(s).If the “Confirmation e-mail of recurring payment sent to the merchant” notification rule is configured and enabled, you will also receive:
- the confirmation of registration of buyer’s banking details,
- the buyer’s token that they can later use for another financial operation,
It is possible to send these details to the buyer (see chapter Configuring e-mails sent to the buyer).The processing of a token creation request without payment results in the creation of a VERIFICATION transaction type, visible in the Expert Back Office and having the following characteristics:
- its amount is 1.00 EUR or 0.00 EUR if the acquirer supports it,
- its status is either "Accepted" (vads_trans_status=ACCEPTED) or "Declined" (vads_trans_status=REFUSED),
- it is never captured and remains in the "Transactions in progress" tab.
The token will not be created if the authorization or information request is rejected.
You can also manage your recurring payments via the Expert Back Office after creating the token.